This was a lunchbox favourite in my house! Flapjacks are great because they’re easy peasy and inexpensive, and they’re really filling. So if you’re broke, they are a great thing to have as a snack! Also great to make with kids as they’re pretty minimal and very simple.
You will need:
- 125g margarine or butter
- 125g brown sugar
- 100g golden syrup
- 250g rolled oats
- Preheat your oven to 2oo°c.
- Put all your ingredients in a large bowl and pop into the microwave. Cook for 2 minutes, or until the butter has melted, take out and stir.
- Put back in the microwave for another couple of minutes until the sugar melts slightly – about 2 minutes.
- Mix well.
- Butter a 13″ x 9″ dish and pour the flapjack mix into it. Press flat with the back of a spoon and smooth out.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges look cooked. Take out of the oven and cool on a cooling rack.
- Once cold, cut into squares or fingers and store in an airtight container.