This is one of my favourite easy cheescake recipes. It takes about 20 mins to make, an hour or two to set and it’s ready to go! And because the crunchie chunks sit all snuggled up in the cream, the whole cheesecake gets infused with a super scrummy honeycomb taste. Deeeeelish.
You will need:
- 15 digestive biscuits
- 100g butter
- 2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 300g cream cheese
- 500ml double cream
- 4 crunchies
- 1 flake
- Preheat your oven to 200ºc. Line a deep 8″ cake tin with a circle of baking parchment.
- Now, pop your digestives in a strong ziploc back and bash into oblivion with a rolling pin. If you don’t have the ziplocs or a rolling pin, you can put them in a bowl and thump them into crumbs with a wine bottle. Whatever works for you. You basically want your digestives to turn into fine crumbs.
- Melt your butter and mix it into your biscuit crumbs. If you fancy it, add some cinnamon. I always think it goes really well with digestives.
- Now, press your biscuit mix into your cake tin and bake for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl or a freestanding mixer, whisk up your cream cheese until smooth. Add the cream and beat together until well combined and but not too stiff. You want it to be firm but not stodgy.
- Roughly chop your crunchies and pop them in, stirring gently with a wooden spoon until mixed.
- When the base is cool, pop the creamy crunchie mixture on top and smooth it out with the back of a spoon. Pop in the fridge for a couple of hours to set. When ready to serve, slide a palette knife around the outside and remove from the cake tin. Crush the flake and sprinkle on top just before serving. Enjoy!