These are the most amazing flapjacks and I NEED to share the recipe with you. Cranberry and white chocolate have long been bedfellows – everyone loves the tang of cranberries mixed with the mellow sweetness of white chocolate! These are my new favourites.
For a large tray of about 25 flapjacks, you will need:
- 250g butter (plus a bit extra for greasing)
- 250g dark brown sugar
- 200g golden syrup
- 500g rolled oats
- 200g dried cranberries
- 200g white chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 180°c. Chop the white chocolate into large rough chunks.
- Put the butter, sugar, and golden syrup into a large bowl and pop into the microwave. Zap for 2 minutes, or until the butter has melted, take out and stir. Zap for another minute or so to melt the sugar a bit more. You can do this in a large saucepan if you prefer.
- Add the oats, cranberries, and white chocolate and stir well.
- Butter a 13″ x 9″ dish and pour the flapjack mix into it. Press flat with the back of a spoon and smooth out.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges look dark golden and cooked. Take out of the oven and cool on a cooling rack.
- Once COMPLETELY cold, cut into squares or fingers and store in an airtight container.
These stay fresh for up to two weeks if stored in an airtight container. Enjoy!