Ok, so the name is pretty self explanatory for this one. It’s a dead easy recipe that always works a treat, and it’s an ideal dish to serve to guests as it looks very fancy when done effectively. You can really ad lib with this recipe, so feel free to throw in some pine nuts, some parma ham or some parmesan if you want to jazz it up.
Serves 2 (but can obviously be adapted to serve as many as you like!)
You will need:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 mozzarella ball
- a jar of pesto (or why not make it yourself?)
- a handful of cherry tomatoes
- a drizzle of olive oil
- First of all, whack the oven on. I suggest about 180°c.
- Stick on your playlist of choice. Bit of Beyoncé? Go for it.
- Line a baking tray with tin foil. Use a baking tray with sides (not a cookie sheet) just in case your mozzarella goes a bit mental.
- Drizzle the tray with a little bit of oil, and place your chicken breasts on top.
- Spoon out some pesto onto each breast. Do NOT touch the raw chicken with the spoon. You don’t want to contaminate your pesto with manky raw chicken germs, trust me. With a separate knife, spread the pesto evenly on each breast (lol!) and throw the knife into the dishwasher/sink.
- Slice the mozzarella into medium slices and place them evenly over the pesto. You want a nice thorough covering, so feel free to overlap.
- Place the cherry tomatoes around the baking tray and stick in the oven.
- Cook for 20 mins, then check to see if they are cooked. You want the mozzarella to be browning lightly but not burnt, and you want to make sure your chicken isn’t pink in the middle.
- When you’re happy, whip out of the oven and serve with the potatoes and veggies of your choosing. This one goes well with asparagus and/or broccoli!