I absolutely love madeleines – they’re just so dainty! These banana spiced madeleines are super easy to make – but you do need a madeleine pan. My favourite thing about this recipe is that you can make it with just a wooden spoon and some cup measurements – easy peasy!
- 3 large ripe bananas
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup melted butter, plus a couple of dessert spoons of it for brushing onto the tin
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- Preheat the oven to 190°c .
- Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat the egg lightly in a mug, then add to the banana and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Add the sugar and 1/3 cup of melted butter and mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices and mix with your wooden spoon.
- Brush the madeleine tin with the rest of the melted butter.
- Spoon out the mixture into the tins and smooth it so it’s flat. Pop in the oven and back for 12-20 mins depending on your oven. The madeleines are cooked when they’re springy to the touch and a skewer comes out clean.
They’re best eaten on the day you make them – and they’re particularly tasty with a cup of tea!