Okay, so whilst the name might be a little, er, risque, this delicious pud is a classic. Maybe it’s the melt-in-the-mouth pastry, or the dark twist of the muscovado sugar – either way, it’s easy to make and looks pretty impressive, too.
You will need:
- 400g tin of evaporated milk
- 250g muscovado sugar
- pre-cooked shortcrust pastry case, measuring around 10in (either buy or make yourself)
- optional cream to serve
- Heat your oven to 200°c (400f).
- Put the sugar into a bowl and stir in the evaporated milk. Stir for around 10-15 minutes: the mixture should begin to thicken (and it will smell amazing - but no tasting til it’s cooked!)
- Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes, making sure that the case doesn’t burn; don’t keep opening the oven door, however, as this may make the milk-sugar mix sink.
- Leave to cool.
- Serve, with cream and a smug/serene smile to amazed friends, family, etc.