This is summer on a plate. Perfect for those super hot days when no one can be bothered to cook, it’s quick and easy to prepare.
You will need:
For the prawns (serves 2) -
- 250g large prawns (or tiger prawns if you want to splash out)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon and zest of the whole lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- sea salt to season
For the salad -
- 1 can sweetcorn
- Around 10-12 vine tomatoes, quartered
- 1 courgette, cubed
- handful of basil
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- pinch of sea salt
- squeeze of lime
- Start with the salad, as it can be prepared in advance and you don’t need to worry about forgetting and overcooking your prawns. Simply toss the basil, courgette, tomatoes and sweetcorn together. Mix together the dressing – the honey, vinegar, salt and lime and you’re done.
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- When the pan’s bubbling, add the prawns and cook lightly for a couple of minutes. Add the crushed garlic, and cook for a further three minutes. Be very careful not to overcook the prawns. Just before you take the prawns off the heat, drizzle over the lemon and lime and season to taste.
- Toss the dressing over the salad, and serve immediately with the prawns and a side portion of rice.