Summer is here! Kind of… and that means one thing, it’s time for a beer and a burger. These vegan bean burgers are the easiest I have ever made and really pack a punch with the chili and lime flavour. They’re perfect for cooking for veggies at a BBQ and you can cook them in the kitchen so there’s so chance of meaty contamination. They literally take about 15 minutes leaving optimum time for in sun drinking, hoorah!
- Olive oil
- 1/2 a red onion finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- 1 small red chili finely chopped
- 1 can of black beans
- 1/2 a lime
- 1 slice of bread
- Salt and pepper
- 2/4 burger buns
- Fresh salsa
- 1 avocado sliced
- Chuck your onion and garlic in to a frying pan with a little oil and soften on a low heat for around 10 minutes, add the chili and heat through for a further few minutes.
- While the onions are softening mush the black beans up with a fork in a large bowl until they’re nice an squished.
- Pop the slice of bread in to a food processor and turn it in to bread crumbs then add it, along with the onions, chili and garlic to the black beans and mix well.
- Grate the lime and add the rind to the mixture, then give the lime a good old squeeze in to the mixture, season well and mix it all in.
- When the mixture is combined, divide it in to 2 or 4 balls and squish in to patties on a floured surface.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and pop the burgers in, cook on a medium heat until nice and browned on both sides then transfer it to the burger bun.
- Top it with fresh salsa and sliced avocado then serve it up with some sweet potato wedges and salad and enjoy!
Find more of my recipes at www.hefskitchen.com