Bingers beware, adapted from a recipe I found on YouTube by PopSugar LivingTV (popsugarliving), this is THE BEST chocolate spread you will ever taste. I am warning you now you will become addicted. Enjoy!!!
You will need (To make 1 large jar or 2 and a bit smaller jars):
- 240g Raw Hazelnuts
- 70g Unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 140g Powdered/Icing sugar
- 1tsp/capful of Vanilla Essence
- ¼tsp salt
- 3tbsp Groundnut oil
- Firstly de-skin the hazelnuts. To do this pour all the hazelnuts evenly onto a normal baking tray, place them in an oven pre-heated at 205degrees Celsius and then leave them to bake for around 8-10minutes or until they’re a dark brown colour.
- Once out of the oven tip all of the Hazelnuts onto a clean dish cloth (the lady in the video used a damp one but I personally found a dry one worked a little better), bring the corners of the towel together to form a bundle of hazelnuts and rub the hazelnuts within the towel vigorously until the skins start falling off. Open the towel, remove the skinless hazelnuts and repeat until all the hazelnuts are skin free. Don’t worry if you can’t quite get rid of all the skins. I didn’t and my spread still tasted bloody marvellous.
- Place all of your skinless hazelnuts into your food processor and mix them until you achieve a smooth consistency much like drier, less oily nut butter.
- Lastly add all of your dry ingredients, oil and vanilla essence to the food processor and mix until you have your chocolate spread. Depending on how you like your chocolate spread you may, at this stage, want to add a little more oil to reach the desired consistency.
- Now you are ready to jar up and store under your bed to eat in secret and avoid sharing.