If the sun ever does come out and you want something amazingly light, easy and vegan to have for dinner, take on a picnic or stuff in your lunch box (the possibilities are endless really), this tart is what you need! I reckon even my dog could make it (she quite frequently runs in to glass doors) it’s that simple!
- 3 handfuls of basil
- 100g chopped mixed nuts
- Large glug of truffle oil (or olive oil if you don’t have any)
- Salt and Pepper
- 500g vegan ready rolled puff pastry
- Handful of spinach
- 18 chopped cherry tomatoes
- Put the basil, chopped nuts and oil into a food processor and throughly blitz, keep adding oil until it becomes a lovely pestoy consistency and season.
- Unroll your pastry, cut into 4 equal rectangles and transfer on to a tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Smother your pastry with your vegan pesto and top with spinach and chopped tomatoes.
- Pop in to the oven for 15-20 minutes, until its puffed up and golden brown.
- Serve up with your potato salad and enjoy!
For more of Heather’s gorgeous recipes, head over to Hef’s Kitchen!