This is a stupendously simple but delicious pasta dish.
What will you need?
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1/3 red pepper
- 3 good quality tomatoes
- 25g Ground Almonds
- 1 tablespoon of fresh basil (roughly 5 leaves)
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Pappadelle pasta or tagliatelle
- Extra basil and parmesan to serve
- Pre-heat your oven to 180.
- Roughly chop the garlic and red pepper, quarter your tomatoes and place on a baking tray……drizzle (a good glug) of olive oil over the veg and place the tray in the oven for around 15 minutes or until the tomatoes and pepper are softening.
- Next place the almonds on the same tray and return it to the oven for a further 5-10 minutes, this is the only ‘difficult’ bit of the recipe-the grounds almonds need removing from the oven just as they turn golden.
- Remove the tray from the oven and when cooled blitz in a food processor/blender with the basil until you have a smooth sauce.
- Cook your pappadelle, drain and return to the pan, heat the sauce through with the pasta and serve with extra basil and a healthy serving of grated parmesan.