Is there anything better than having a lazy weekend lie in and serving up some big fat american pancakes for brunch… Well yes, and that’s laying in while some one else makes you big fat american pancakes in bed. So find yourself a devoted breakfast maker, give them this recipe and experience the best breakfast/lie in of your life!
- 250g flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 5 tbsp sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 250ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 50g melted butter
- 200g blueberries
- The zest and half the juice of 1 lemon
- More butter for frying
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in to a bowl.
- Whisk the milk and eggs together in a separate bowl, then add it to the flour and whisk up well!
- Then add the melted butter and whisk it up again making sure that there’s no lumps (electric mixers are your best friend here). The batter should be nice and thick!
- Fold the lemon zest, lemon juice and blueberries in to the mixture.
- Melt some proper butter in a small frying pan and pour a ladle of the mixture in, fry the pancake on a mediumish heat until the top starts to cook, then flip it over and cook until browned on the other side.
- You can eat the straight away or place them on heated plates in a 50 degree oven to stack them up as high as you wish.
- Cover with maple syrup and enjoy!
For more of Heather’s lovely recipes, check out her super website, Hef’s Kitchen.