Easter nests are ridiculously easy and they make a super cute treat for Easter! You don’t need any culinary skills at all to make these and they are lots of fun to make with kids.
- Half a box of shredded wheat (8 biscuits)
- 150g quality chocolate (I used dark Green & Blacks)
- 2 tbsps golden syrups
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 100g bags of mini eggs
- First of all, line a cupcake/muffin tin with paper cases.
- Next, melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- While the chocolate melts, take your shredded wheat and bash it up until you a fine mix of splintery bits
- When the chocolate has melted, add the syrup and butter and mix well. When it’s combined, pour on top of the shredded wheat and mix well until evenly coated.
- Plonk a large spoonful of chocolatey mix into each cupcake case and poke a hole in the middle, making a nest shape.
- Place three mini eggs in the centre of each nest.
- If you have lots of leftover mix, why not make mini nests? Just add them to mini cupcake cases and stick a single mini egg in the middle!
- Pop in the fridge to set.
- Serve! Yum!
You can also make these with cornflakes if you prefer. Just use 3-4 cups of cornflakes instead of shredded wheat!
Peach Trees will be back on Tues 10th April.