This is one of my favourite go-to dishes. It’s ridiculously yummy, easy AND healthy, so it’s perfect to make after work. I have to add the halloumi so it’s not too saintly…! Enjoy with an ice cold glass of Sauvignon Blanc. Lovely!
Serves 4 ish (depends on how hungry you are!)
- sunflower or vegetable oil
- 1 packet of Chantenay baby carrots
- 1 large courgette, chopped into discs
- 6 shallots or baby onions, with ends chopped off and peeled
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 12 new potatoes
- 1 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into strips
- 2 peppers, sliced into medium strips
- mixed herbs
- salt and pepper
- 1 bag of rocket
- Balsamic vinegar/glaze
- 1 block of halloumi
- Preheat your oven to 200°c and get out a large, heavy duty roasting tray. Pour in a glug of oil.
- When all your vegetables are chopped to size, pop them (except the tomatoes) into the tray and stir well to ensure they are coated in oil. Season and add a sprinkling of mixed herbs (optional). Stir again.
- Put the tray in the oven. Turn the vegetables after half an hour, then again at 45 minutes. The trick is to get the vegetables to caramelise, so you need to cook off all the water first. They should be fully done after an hour or an hour and a half if you’ve got a lot.
- While the veggies are cooking, chop your halloumi into medium chunks. For the last ten mins, throw in the halloumi and tomatoes.
- When the veggies are cooked and slightly caramelised, whip ‘em out of the oven.
- On your plates, arrange the rocket and pop the veggies on top. Dress the leaves with balsamic vinegar or glaze.