Subway cookies are delicious, aren’t they? So soft and moist and chewy and moreish and generally yum. I could eat them forever.
I can’t decide whether my favourite flavour is the double chocolate or the Smarties, though. So, I did the only sensible thing — I combined the two and made a moist, chewy chocolate cookie with Smarties dotted through it. Yum.
- 115g softened unsalted butter
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- A teaspoon of vanilla extra
- 125g plain flour
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- Half a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 4 tubes of Smarties
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C and line two large baking trays with parchment.
- Cream together the butter and the sugar, before beating in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Sift in the flour, the cocoa powder and the bicarbonate of soda. Stir together until a dough is formed.
- Empty two of the tubes of Smarties onto a chopping board and roughly chop. Add these to the dough along with the whole Smarties from the other tube. Stir until they’re evenly distributed.
- Put tablespoons of the mixture onto the baking sheets, spaced evenly apart — you should have enough for 12 large blobs of dough.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Take them out, let them cool for a couple of minutes, then transfer them onto wire racks to cool completely.
I hope you like them!
For more of Amy’s recipes, check out her top notch food blog, She Cooks She Eats.