This is a seriously tasty but incredibly easy recipe and therefore it’s one of my favourites! Because mackerel tastes so good on its own, it only needs a little sprucing up to turn it into this delicious pâté, perfect as a starter or a light lunch.
- Around 200g responsibly sourced smoked mackerel fillets
- 1 tbsp half fat creme fraiche
- 1 tbsp creamed horseradish
- 1/2 pack of dill, finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon, serve the remainder with the pate
- Simply flake the mackerel into a bowl and mix in the rest of the ingredients
- Split into 4 ramekins and serve with toasted soda bread, lemon & extra horseradish