Millionaires shortbread always goes down well, meaning I’ve probably baked it about 1000 times now. So I decided to change it up a bit and use my favourite flapjack recipe instead. The result… sweet, soft flapjack, chewy caramel and a thick layer of chocolate. What would be better!
For the flapjack:
- 150g of butter
- 100g light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon of golden syrup
- 350g of porridge oats
For the topping:
- 400g tin of condensed milk
- 100g sugar 250g butter
- 2 tsp golden syrup
- 250g Milk Chocolate (I used 40% cocoa to stop it being too sweet)
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees. To make the flapjack, melt the butter, sugar and syrup on a low heat and add the oats when fully melted.
- Mix together well and then press into a tin lined with greaseproof paper and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Then make the caramel by putting condensed milk, sugar, butter and syrup in a heavy based pan and heat on a low heat until melted.
- When melted turn up the heat and constantly stir until it turns a deep brown caramelly colour, let it cool for a minute and then pour over the flapjack.
- While it’s setting melt the chocolate in a bain marie and then pour over the caramel, leave to set then chop up and eat.