Butternut soup is the perfect winter soup! A brilliant orange colour and a lovely delicate flavour, it’s a brilliant dish to tuck into on a drab wintery evening!
You will need:
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 onion
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 carrots
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 500-750ml vegetable stock
- Single cream or creme fraiche to serve
- Preheat your oven to 200°c.
- Peel all your veggies and chop all in medium chunks.
- Throw them in a roasting dish with salt & pepper and drizzle of olive oil. Add the thyme and sage and stir until well coated.
- Roast for about 45 mins.
- Then whizz them up in a blender and add stock until you reach your desired consistency. Blend until smooth.
- Serve with a swirl of single cream or creme fraiche, and some home made bread if you’ve got it!