Apple and blackberry crumble mixed with a cupcake… Nuff said!
For the crumble topping:
- 25g butter diced
- 50g flour
- 50g caster sugar
For the sponge:
- 1 cooking apple chopped in to small pieces (+ a bit of lemon to stop it going brown)
- 2 eggs
- 100g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g self raising flour
- 2 tsp milk
- 100g frozen blackberries
- 75g butter
- 50g icing sugar
- 50g custard powder
- A little milk to loosen if needed
- Line a cake tin with 12 cupcake cases and preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Make the crumble topping by combining the butter, sugar and flour and rubbing between your fingers to make a bread crumb consistency.
- Heat the apple in sauce pan with a tsp of water for around 5 minutes, until it’s started to soften, then put to one side.
- Make the sponge mixture by creaming together the butter and sugar, then add the eggs one by one and mix.
- Fold in the flour, apples and milk, then spoon equal amounts of sponge mixture in to the cases and top with blackberries.
- Sprinkle the crumble over the top, then bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Make the frosting by creaming together the custard powder, icing sugar and butter, adding milk if needed.
- When the cupcakes are done leave to cool completely, then pipe or spoon on the frosting.
You can find more of my recipes here www.hefskitchen.com :)