Being a self-confessed peanut butter addict, and, no word of a lie we’re talking half a jar a day here, I was eager to experiment with this invention of peanut perfection, so voila my creation. If you’re in a hurry and want something tasty, yet semi-healthy, then this is the recipe for you. Taking around 18mins to prepare (that’s right people I timed myself), from chopping up the shallots to serving, peanut butter noodles are incredibly student friendly.
You will need:
- 1 very heaped teaspoon of smooth peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons Olive oil
- 2 large shallots chopped finely
- 4 florets of broccoli
- 3 tablespoons garden peas
- As many medium egg noodles as you feel fit for 1 person
- Milk (skimmed, semi-skimmed, full-fat… whatever you prefer)
- Prepare shallots for frying.
- Heat the oil in your frying pan before adding the shallots. At the same time begin cooking your noodles, broccoli and peas in boiling water on a medium to low heat.
- When shallots have softened and are slightly browned, add your giant teaspoon of peanut butter and stir until it’s consistency has become smooth again.
- Give it approximately 30 seconds before adding your first splash of milk. Stir in the milk and repeat until you are happy with your sauce. There should be enough to coat the noodles with flavour. You don’t want to add too much milk otherwise you run the risk of loosing the peanut buttery goodness.
- Add a couple of pinches of salt and stir one last time.
- Drain your noodles, broccoli and peas, mix with your sauce and serve! :)