This is proper student food that was created from the few items that my housemate and I had left in the fridge! Luckily it turned out great and it’s been a weekday staple ever since!
You will need:
- A glug of olive oil
- 1 Sweet potato sliced thinly
- 1 Red onion sliced
- 1 Red pepper chopped
- 6 eggs
- As much grated cheese as you like
- Firstly put a good glug of olive oil, the sweet potato and onion in a large frying pan and cook on a medium heat, covered for 10 minutes.
- Then add the red pepper, season well and cook for a further 10 minutes until all the vegetables have softened. Beat the eggs in a large bowl, pour the vegetables in and mix well.
- put all of the mixture back into the pan and cook for about 5 minutes.
- When the bottom is cooked place the pan under the grill to cook the top for around 10 minutes, when it’s fairly browned, top with the cheese (and black pepper if you want) and leave until the cheese is bubbling.
- Serve with some salad (if you have any) and enjoy!