These filo pockets may look like posh dinner party food, but open them up and you’ll find your dear old friend pizza inside. This recipe is very versatile and you can put any of your favourite pizza toppings inside, so make it your own and enjoy!
for 4 you’ll need:
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 250g cherry tomatoes chopped
- Fresh basil, rosemary and thyme
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- 8 sheets of filo pastry
- 80g grated cheese
- Start by preheating the oven to 180 degrees. Make the tomato sauce by heating olive oil in a pan, then softening the onion and garlic for a few minutes.
- Once softened add the tomatoes and stock and leave to simmer on a medium heat for around 10 minutes until the mixture has reduced.
- Use two sheets per pocket laid on top of each other, put a dollop of the tomato sauce on then top with the cheese and repeat 4 times. Roll up (as pictured) and cook in the oven for about 15 minutes. Enjoy!