You can never have enough chocolate right? Well with this recipe you can get your chocolate fix in your dinner! It does sound a bit strange, but trust me chocolate and chipotle make a great flavour combination.
- Olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 small red pepper chopped
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chipotle paste
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tin black beans
- 1 square of dark chocolate
- Spring onion, tortilla chip, and dips to serve
- Fry the onion and garlic on a medium heat for about 5 minutes until soft, then add the red pepper, chili powder, paprika and chipotle paste (add more if you want it spicier, keep tasting it and add accordingly)
- Mix well and cook for a further few minutes. Add the tomatoes and season well. Turn the heat up until simmering and add the black beans and chocolate and stir in well.
- Cook for around 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Top with spring onions and serve with with tortilla chips and dips, or rice.
You can find more of my recipes here: http://heflamprini.blogspot.com