With this glorious summer weather – by which I mean gales, thunderstorms and buckets of rain – in full-swing, this dish is perfect for keeping the hunger pangs at bay, and in my house this is our traditional Christmas Eve feast. The ultimate comfort food, fishfinger pie truly is delicious: enjoy with a chilled glass of white wine, for a dash of sophistication…
You will need:
- 12 fishfingers (I used Birds Eye)
- 9 medium sized potatoes
- 1 tin of baked beans
- Grated Cheddar cheese
- Heat the oven to 200°c. Once heated, put the fish fingers on a tray and pop in for 12-15 minutes.
- Boil a kettle of water. Peel and chop the potatoes, and put on to boil.
- Five minutes before potatoes/fish fingers are ready, cook the beans on a medium heat.
- Once the potatoes are suitably soft, drain and mash.
- When the fishfingers are cooked, place them in a pie dish. Chop into small pieces.
- Spoon on top the mashed potato. Stir in grated cheese.
- Stir in the baked beans. Add more cheese. Stir again until you are happy with the consistency.
- Sprinkle more cheese on top and pop the dish in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until crispy and golden on top.